Friday, June 25, 2010

My new ride!

I have been driving a Jeep for the last 7 years. It has taken me to and from UF for two years, out on dates with my sweetheart, home from the hospital with my baby boy and all the way through the first year of his life. There are a lot of memories that the Jeep has been a part of but J and I have someone who is wanting to buy it so we needed to find something else. This past Tuesday, J. Gus and I went to test drive a new-to-me truck and we ended up driving it home that night. I didn't really expect to ever drive a truck, and let me tell you it is taking some getting used to, but I like the way it handles and the ride is so comfortable and smooth. For those who have ever rode in a jeep you know it is just the opposite!! My biggest transition is giong to be learning to park the big thing! Here she is:




It is a 2009 Chevy Silverado 4x4 crew cab. It only had 22,900 miles on it. The best and most important thing to me was that it had ebony interior. I swore a long time ago that all of my vehicles would have ebony interior. I love an ebony interior! It cleans easily and doesn't show dirt, wear & tear like gray and tan seats do.

J was the one who really wanted a truck. He wanted us to be able to go in my vehicle more often because his is always hooked to a trailer and filthy!! But I am excited that I will be able to pull and haul things too!! We also discovered last night that the bed of the truck is a great place to put Gus and Allie to play because they can't escape!! They had a ball running around in it. I can't wait to see how many more advantages I can come up with.

And just because I can't post without a picture of Gus, here is Gus and Sidney (my parents australian shepherd). Poor Sidney puts up with A LOT!!

4 comments:

  1. yay! for a new truck! :) I agree about dark interiors! & you are one brave girl to park it for sure!!! I get scared when I have to drive the suburban or devins truck! Ha....
    Love Gus & your parents Aussie... My parents still have theirs, Rex, and he puts up with A LOT, too! :) They are the BEST dogs especially for kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for new vehicles! So excited for you. Cecil wanted me to get a truck like that the last time we went car shopping and I was too nervous..PLUS, I need good gas mileage! I'm so happy for you though!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the new ride. I'm so proud for you. I can understand how it will be an adjustment. I was riding with my sister the other day in her F350 and it's a FAR cry from my Mazda 3, I can tell you! I'm excited for you pal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, you know I could n-e-v-e-r park that truck straight, but I have complete faith in you, ma'am. Hello, you can drive an airboat...I know you can park that pretty new truck ;)

    ReplyDelete