Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Our little Monkey is One!!

This weekend family and friends gathered around to celebrate a big day in Gus' life; he turned the big ONE!! Our front yard, and once the rain started our front porch and living room, was full of people who love my little boy and wanted to share this special day with him. While the decorations didn't turn out the way I had hoped because of the rain, I think the party went well and everyone had a good time. Most importantly Gus had a great time! He didn't crash until 7:30 that night and except for the few minutes I woke him up to eat supper and take a bath he slept until 7:30 the next morning!! Here are some pictures of the decorations:

Table centerpieces,

Party Favors,
Food table,





This cake was my project on Saturday! There are 6 cake mixes and over 9 cups of buttercream icing in this thing. Except for the slight sag in the middle it turned out pretty good I think. Here's a closer picture:
Ms. Cindy Jo made Gus' smash cake, isn't it too cute? She is so talented and I can only hope that some of that wears off on me through the years!!



He had a blast in his cake. I don't know how much he actually ate but he had a good time playing in it!!





Gus had some good friends at the party: Allie, Noah, and Veda!



We had a fun time and J. and I really appreciate everyone that helped to make his big day so special. Gus might not remember his 1st birthday but I will never forget it! I pray that God blesses us with many more birthdays with this special angel.









4 comments:

  1. I think the decorations are ADORABLE and girl! THAT CAKE IS PRECIOUS! You did GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did do great, Lyndsay! I know you worked so hard on making everything perfect and it totally showed, down to the last detail, but more important than that, it was a lot of fun! I don't think anyone wanted to leave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos, Mrs. Martha!! I loved all the stuff you did Lyndsay! It looks awesome! I can hardly believe Gus is 1. It looks like y'all had a special, special day. He is such a sweet boy. I'm going to love watching him grow up through the years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like such a fun time was had by all!! Love the "smash" cake and your cake was AMAZING!!!!

    ~Becca

    ReplyDelete