Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Watermelon Parade!

This past weekend, in spite of the horrible humidity, my friend Amy and I, took our boys to the local Watermelon Festival Parade! Once my car was loaded down with a wagon, umbrellas, sunscreen, snacks and hats, we headed out. Surprisingly, we were able to get a great and convenient parking spot with time to spare and unload our cargo.


The boys did great with all of the noisy sirens and people throwing candy at them. This was Noah's first experience at a parade and I think he had a good time. I forget who he was waving at in this picture but he is just so cute!!


I'm not sure what their favorite part of the parade was but it could have been these huge dogs,


or the really big tractors,




but if I had to guess I would say it was the suckers (they each had two)!!!




The boys were covered in a sticky, sugary slobber and sweat but I think they had a really good time. They even received a new toy, since you know neither of them have anything to play with. The local Ford Company threw beach balls and they both caught one (or their mom's caught one)! This is our wagon loaded down and headed back to the car.

Amy and I enjoyed a frozen coke from Burger King and turned the A.C. on high for the ride home. I think it was a good time for all of us!

4 comments:

  1. oh my gosh... those two boys with their hats on and suckers in thier mouths matching the parade is my favorite!!! That is SUCH a cute picture! Definately Sr. yearbook page material! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun trip, Lyndsay! They are so cute sitting up in Gus' wagon eating suckers. Such a yearbook pictures years from now. Many, many, many years hopefully ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those two boys are the cutest little guys!! I loved all the pictures. The sucker pics were too cute. I'm glad y'all had a great time...despite the horrible humidity. The man with the big bloodhounds was my daddy....if you didn't already realize that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute cute cute pictures!! I love it!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete