
Our original lot, #90, was too small for our camper so they let us move to #89.

We're not sure why it said "campground host" but the lot was perfect with plenty of room and great creek access.

We went to two beaches while we were there, Siesta Beach and Venice Beach. The water was gorgeous at both beaches but Siesta Beach was our favorite. It was rated the #2 beach in the country I think. Gus had a great time in the sand and water and walking on strangers beach towels on the beach!! I had to run him down several times!! Both times we left the beach Gus was asleep before we left the parking lot, too bad we don't have a pretty beach a little closer to home!! J. and I also learned that Gus and a campfire don't mix. We couldn't keep him away from it! Here are some of my favorite pictures from the weekend:






The canoe ride, pictured above, was a little nerve racking because Gus screamed when we tried to get him to wear a life jacket so we gave in and let him ride without it. Of course that meant while he was splashing over the edge in the gator infested creek I was praying he wouldn't fall overboard because I sure didn't want to have to jump in after him!!
This last picture is my favorite. My two boys are something else ya'll! They are so much alike it isn't even funny. There was just way too many things that went on over the weekend to share them all but we had a great time and would definately go back!!
I love all the pictures, but the last one is my favorite. How sweet! Looks like ya'll had a great time.
ReplyDeleteLove all the pictures! So glad you had a great first family vacation! Does the little comment about a brother or sister mean you're trying to tell us something????????????????????? ; )
ReplyDeleteNot yet Charon!!! One day in the future! But not right now, Gus is a handful.
ReplyDeleteawww, what a great trip! love the pics! So sweet...
ReplyDeleteI love your beach pictures! Looks like y'all had such a good trip. I am laughing over you saying how much the boys are alike. I thought the same thing when you wrote Gus was wanting to get in the fire. J was ALWAYS a firebug growing up!
ReplyDeleteOh it looks like it was so much fun. Your guys really are quite the trip. Gus is already quite the character :) I loved the beach pics too. I might have to try that beach out, myself.
ReplyDeleteLooks like your family had a great time!
ReplyDeleteI just stumbled upon your blog...your little guy is adorable! They grow too fast!