Tomorrow my mom and I are planning on "putting" up corn. My dad grows this huge garden every year and boy do we enjoy it but by the time it all dies we are usually glad to see it go. It's a lot of work to pick, process and freeze/can all of those vegetables, however it's nice to pull out good peas in December too!! I love corn on the cob, fresh from the field, there's nothing better. So I thought I would share with you how we cook it. I lot of people boil their corn but I think it looses a lot of its taste that way. So here's the way my family does it:

1. After you have shucked and silked the ears place in microwavable dish and cover with SaranWrap.

2. Cook in microwave, 2 minutes per ear.

3. Roll in BUTTER and salt and pepper.


YUM--love me some corn on the cob!! I didn't think you could put saran wrap in the microwave though?
ReplyDeleteCorn...yum. That was super easy. I didn't know that about saran wrap either, Charon. Cool....
ReplyDeleteWe put saran wrap in there all the time. I wouldn't do it for long times but a few minutes, no problem. I do the same thing when I'm cooking cream corn. Put in salt, pepper, butter, sugar, cover with saran wrap and microwave until done!!
ReplyDeleteThat's how we make squash and it's much better. No water added.
ReplyDelete