I love Easter! It is such a wonderful time of year with all of the flowers in bloom and green leaves covering the recently baren trees. The whole Earth is screaming "Rebirth" and "New Beginnings"! It also shows how much God is in control, that he can use nature to remind us of the very act he endured on the cross so that we can be reborn and have a new beginning in Him. I love church on Easter Sunday. All of the beautiful new dresses and white shoes and the Easter Hymns are some of my favorites : "Up from the grave he arose...." and "He Lives" just to name a couple. This year our family went in spring green. It is the only Sunday our of the year that J wears a tie!!!


Aren't they handsome? Gus was so tired he wouldn't smile for anything and J. was eating skittles!!! The photographer was having a time with her subjects!

This big carrots was full of bubbles, which we enjoyed on the porch later that afternoon.
Of course, Gus' favorite part of his basket was the fake paper grass!

I'm not sure real eggs were the best idea. Gus just beat them together until the shell was in little pieces. His tongue also changed colors which each egg he tasted!

Don't worry this wasn't a regular egg! Gus had found a small plastic one in the bottom of his bucket!
I believe this picture is my favorite of the day! He is always so busy.
The rest of the crew was cheering from the porch!

We ended the excitement with some bubbles! Who doesn't love bubbles?


I hope that you and your family had a great Easter too!


Aren't they handsome? Gus was so tired he wouldn't smile for anything and J. was eating skittles!!! The photographer was having a time with her subjects!
Once we got home Gus discovered that the Easter Bunny had hopped by and left him a present.

This big carrots was full of bubbles, which we enjoyed on the porch later that afternoon.
Of course, Gus' favorite part of his basket was the fake paper grass!This year marks the second year that I have had Easter dinner at my house. Last year I had just my family but J's family was able to join us this year! I was so happy that we were able to have Gus and Allie together for Gus' first Easter. Our families made it through several obstacles this Easter such as stuffy noses, ear infections, sore throats and even hospitalization but we were able to be together and that's what counts. Dinner was delicious; ham, mashed potatoes, green beans, corn casserole, deviled eggs, yeast rolls, and for dessert, strawberry cake, chocolate cake and banana pudding! Needless to say we ate like kings. In all of the excitment ( and running around on my part) I forgot to take a picture of the table to show you the decorations, but I think it turned out pretty cute!
Gus and Allie were in major need of a nap before the big egg hunt and once they had rested we all relocated to the front porch and yard. The kids are a little young to really get into the hunting part but I think they just enjoy being outside.

I'm not sure real eggs were the best idea. Gus just beat them together until the shell was in little pieces. His tongue also changed colors which each egg he tasted!
Don't worry this wasn't a regular egg! Gus had found a small plastic one in the bottom of his bucket!
I believe this picture is my favorite of the day! He is always so busy.Gus and Allie have a huge fan base! Uncle Adam was helping in the field,
The rest of the crew was cheering from the porch!
We ended the excitement with some bubbles! Who doesn't love bubbles?

I hope that you and your family had a great Easter too!
He is starting to look more like a little boy!!! Looks like fun and I love your bees on the blog. J and Gus looked very handsome in their ties and Mommy looked pretty too!
ReplyDeleteLooks like an amazing First Easter for little Gus!!! Great family shot too!
ReplyDelete~Becca
It looks like y'all had a great time! The babies were soo cute! I have heard through the grapevine that both Gus and Allie are big fans of bubbles, so it was nice to see the pics. Very cute. I'm glad that y'all had a nice Easter :)
ReplyDeleteLyndsay, we had such a good time sharing Easter with y'all. Thanks so much for having us over. I would not have missed Gus putting that whole plastic egg in his mouth for anything. Hold on to that picture! It's too much.
ReplyDeleteI love to color coordinate at Easter!!! Y'all looked so good! Looks like little man had a fabulous Easter too!!
ReplyDelete