Eleven down and 1 to go before my baby is the big -ONE-! Can you believe how fast time flies? It is amazing to me how much a child changes in the first year; from being totally 100% dependent on you to very INdependent and hard-headed!! Last night I cleaned out his closet and packed away all of the clothes that were smaller than 12 months and I have to admit it looks pretty slim. All of those wonderful shower gifts have been used up! Gus is wearing mostly 12 month sized clothes now and a size 3-4 shoe, when I actually make him wear them. He has 7 teeth total and loves to use them. He is the biggest chewer you have ever seen! He is, like most men, a meat and potato kind of guy. He will pick meat over anything else on his plate every time! Don't get me wrong though, he loves almost all food he just prefers some to others! Also in the food category (sort of) oddly enough he enjoys taking medicine from a syringe. When I say "enjoy" I mean he really enjoys it! As in he cries when it's all gone and wants more! Is this a bad sign???
Gus is in love with his grandparents, on both sides! It could be that they spoil him rotten and let him do whatever he wants to do, but I'm not really sure! He also lights up in the afternoons when he sees Daddy's truck pull in the gate and he starts waving and reaching for him. It is precious. I am still his #1 right now and I have to admit that while sometimes it is aggravating and tiresome, I love it! I know that all too soon he won't want to be with Mom all the time so I am cherishing this stage.
Gus is a kisser; full open mouth kisses are his specialty! We are working on blowing kisses too but it hasn't stuck yet! His faces are hilarious, I don't know where he comes up with them. He really is a flirt too. He can smile and play bashful to random ladies and they just eat him up! Do you think he knows what he's doing?
We are so close to walking I can feel it and yet he refuses to take that first step. He has practically mastered the free-stand and he is really proud of himself when he does it. He does not, however, want to walk. I was sure watching Allie run around would inspire him but he can go just about as fast on his knees. He doesn't even want to walk holding onto my hands, he just wants to do his own thing. Basically he's hard-headed and he and I have been butting heads A LOT recently. We are really trying to teach the "no" word right now. Why didn't anyone tell me this was so hard?! This week he was trying to get into something that he was not supposed to be in and when I told him and popped his hand HE BIT ME! What! Is that supposed to start so early? He did it TWICE! I can't wait for the terrible twos!!!
Gus really isn't talking a whole lot of understandable words yet. He babbles all of the time but only he knows what he's saying! He does however say two words and he uses them correctly: COW and DOG. At the sight of either of these two animals he calls them by name. We can be driving down the road and pass a field full of cows and he starts. It's really cute! My dad loves it and says Gus is going to be a "cow man". You might be from the country if......! Gus will also say da da but not consistantly yet and he is not even trying momma, much to my disappointment.
Gus' favorite toy is a Little Tyke Comfy Coupe at J' parents house. He can play with it all day! He also loves the water, any water, from a puddle to a pool. He just wants to get in and splash! He likes playing peek-a-boo and being tickled. And he thinks everything his cousin Allie does is funny!
I can't tell you how much I love this little guy! He is the apple of his momma's eye for sure. I am looking forward to this month and what's in store for us. I love you Monkey!
What a sweet post, Lyndsay. We are so crazy about Gus! It's hard to remember what our lives were like before he got here. It's hard to believe it's been almost a year.
ReplyDeleteI cannot believe hes almost ONE! Time has flown by! Hes the cutest thing!
ReplyDelete