Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Our First Haircut, Egg Hunt & Fair Day!

Gus has experienced three firsts this past week. On Saturday we spent another lovely day in the yard trying to get it looking presentable for Easter Sunday. Gus was in heaven and completely filthy but one thing bothered me all day....... his hair in his eyes.



It's shameful I know. So J. and I took matters into our own hands and tackled this hair. As long as Gus had a snack to munch on he was good as gold. I was the snack-provider/entertainment and J was the Barber. All in all it's not perfect but I don't think it's half bad!!



Gus also went to his first Easter Egg Hunt at our Church this past Sunday. I would take him around from egg to egg and he would pick them up and eat them! He even choked on a piece of cedar tree that he happened to pick up with an egg...it scared me to death. Despite that we had a fun time and Gus even found a prize egg with a $2 bill inside!!



If you'll notice he has the prize egg in his right hand an wouldn't let it go the whole time! That boy is too smart for his own good.

Lastly, J. and I took Gus to our local livestock fair last night to show him the animals. Because the pig show was going on at the time we were only able to look at the steers. Gus got up close and personal with his cousins exhibits!

Thanks Uncle John this is fun!!
This was Hercules and he was awful friendly. He wanted to lick and Gus sure didn't mind! Gus also enjoyed people watching at the fair. There were so many people there and lots of kids running around to keep him occupied. He even chowed down on some smoked ribs and macaroni & cheese courtesy of some church friends we ran into.
Gus is a fearless and curious child, which I have to admit I love about him! I can't wait to experience some more firsts with him.





4 comments:

  1. How sweet! He is such a cutie! First haircut by dad... I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The haircut is adorable--what a "big" boy! And gotta love those Fair Days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you posted the first haircut pictures. Looks like so much fun!! And I think y'all did a really good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I can honestly say after seeing Gus in person this morning, that y'all did a great job on his hair. Very very good. I'm also glad that Gus liked the fair. I'm sure he'll be a participant one day!

    ReplyDelete