1. We have moved in dirt in our driveway to hopefully stop the huge mudpuddles from forming when it rains. Gus and J. tackled this project!
The tractor put him right to sleep! I'll have to remember that for future crankiness.
2. I tried out a new recipe for a chocolate cake. It was a pretty cake and the icing was fabulous but the cake was a little dry.

That didn't stop the family from eating it though! 3. We went for a walk around the property that backs up to ours. It has an old homestead on a part of it that has citrus trees, azaleas and camelias. Gus was enjoying riding on dad's shoulders and playing in the sunshine.

Again all that walking (on mom and dad's part) put him right to sleep!4. We moved Gus into the forward facing carseat and we all love it! Gus likes watching where he is going and seeing us up front. It was the best decision!
5. Gus is somewhat of a daredevil. I can only hope that it is something that fades with time but I have a feeling we'll be seeing the emergency room often and keeping the band aid makers in business. He loves to climb, on anything:
6. We now have a dog much to Gus' liking. Me and J. aren't too sure we're excited about this yet but we will see how it goes. Her name was Jill although we are considering changing it.
7. Lastly, we planted our new lemon tree on Sunday. I have always wanted one and this weekend the FFA held their annual plant sale and I seized the opportunity. My sweet husband planted it while Gus followed the water hose through the grass and munched on leaves!


Hope you all have a great week too!
The cake looks good to me, but not nearly as good as my nephew! He is handsome and FUNNY! He's getting too big, Lyndsay.
ReplyDeleteHe's starting to look more like you! Yay!
ReplyDeleteSuch great pics! Gus is such a doll! He is big stuff sitting in his big-boy carseat! That's such a fun transition! That cake looks SO good! And I love that you have a lemon tree!
ReplyDeleteWow! You have been busy! And it looks like you've had great weather too! Fun pictures!!
ReplyDelete~Becca