Thursday, March 18, 2010

Our St. Patty's Day

Yesterday Gus and I set out to spend the day with Papa, my daddy. He has been having a hard time with kidney stones and just underwent surgery on Tuesday. So we kept him company or maybe drove him crazy but nevertheless we were there!! He He. We had snacks, watched tv, and took a little nap with Papa. It was a fun afternoon! I also started supper for Mom so she wouldn't have so much to tackle once she got home from work. We had a St. Patty's Day menu, complete with green peas, biscuits and cake and Leprechaun kisses in a bag(I got the leprechaun kisses poem from Love Actually).

The bags were filled with hersey's kisses of different flavors. The cake was made by my sis-in-law and she did a great job! She even sent us all home with a hunk! Green biscuits are so much fun. Dad wasn't really excited about eating one though. I did tell mom that she should toast the leftovers for him this morning! HA!
On another note Gus and I had cheese grits for breakfast yesterday morning and I just thought this picture was too cute! Needless to say we both took a shower because there is no getting all of those little grits off without a bath!


I hope that you can see them. They are everywhere; the table, his cup, his seat, his face, hair etc! And if you could see me they are all over me too!

2 comments:

  1. I love the green cake and green biscuits. Very cool. And the pic of gus is too funny. Grits ARE hard to come off. I agree with you. :) Glad y'all had a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the best daughter! Love that y'all celebrated St. Patrick's Day.

    ReplyDelete