Thursday, March 25, 2010

Playin' in the Dirt

Have I mentioned yet that Gus LOVES it outside? I mean he LOVES it. Anytime we walk inside, even if it is just from the car to the front door, he cries as soon as the door shuts behind us. I believe I could just leave him out there by himself and he would be fine, except for the billion leaves and twigs he would eat without my supervision! He would also attempt to climb any one of the various pieces of equipment that are in our yard from time to time. On Saturday, J, Gus and I were able to spend some time in the yard. J had borrowed a digging contraption to add another water line in our back yard so that I can water my new lemon tree. As soon as Gus spotted it we had to go check it out.



He played on that thing for the longest time. And when he was done he had grease on his hands. It was like looking at a miniture version of his daddy....too cute! When the machine lost it's appeal, Gus moved to the damage left behind the machine. DIRT! What little boy doesn't like dirt, I know, but I didn't realize it started so early, HA. Needless to say I repeated the phrase, "Don't eat dirt!" about one hundred and fifty two times!




Look at those feet, hands and mouth!! I love that he's not afraid to get dirty. We are going to have a blast when he can walk and I can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. Awwwww-wwweeee....So so cute. I bet you had a dirty boy on your hands that night. I have a feeling he was in desperate need of a bath :) He's going to be an outdoorsy boy, thats for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All three of my boys have been just like that! They love the outside and dirt and getting every inch of their body covered in dirt! Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

    ReplyDelete