Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Windows

Ok so I am getting to the point in the house process where I need to purchase window coverings. If we are able to move in this weekend, like we have planned, I wouldn't be able to step out of the shower without passerbys on the road taking a peek! So I am off tonight to search for the perfect thing to do the trick and I am stumped as to what I should purchase. I was wondering if any of you have favorite coverings that you would recommend? I really like the roman shades but I have never had any so I don't know much about them. We have three windows that are on the front of the house and I think that the window stuff should match so it looks good from the outside. The down side is that one room is our bedroom, one is the living room and one will be Gus' room, so they will all have different color schemes!

On the upside I have been able to move dishes and cups and towels and sheets and we set up my old cast iron bed in the spare bedroom! Progress is wonderful. Keep your fingers crossed that we pass the final inspection today. I am hoping that we can move in before this really cold weather sets in this weekend.

3 comments:

  1. I may be too late to help out, but I like the fake, short, bamboo roman shades mounted above the actual window. Then you can do a rod higher than your real window and hang drapes on each side. It makes your windows look bigger if you expand the rods out and push your drapes wide. And it makes your ceiling look taller if you mount all the coverings higher than your window.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure about the window thing...but I am so excited that y'all are getting ready to move into the house. Yes, progress IS great. I am just so happy for y'all. I can't wait to hear about the plans for Gus' room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I am WAY too late to comment, but I agree with Taven on the windows, except maybe not bamboo for your house...totally a personal choice, but I don't know if it will go with your style of house?? I was so excited to hear last night that y'all passed the inspection. We are ready, willing and able to help y'all move this weekend.

    ReplyDelete