Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Electricity

I am like a kid in a candy store today. Anyone watching me last night at our new house would have thought I was absolutely crazy. I turned on and off every light switch in the house multiple times because we now have power! I have decided that electricity is truly an amazing thing that we take for granted. Having power means that the fridge is now cold and we can have drinks:


My most favorite appliance, my stove, is also working and I of course had to turn on each burner and watch it get red! I am crazy I know but ya'll just bear with me. This picture was taken before the microwave was installed above it and before the stove was pushed into the hole but you can get the idea.




Maybe today when you turn on a light switch you will think of me!

Also tomorrow is the big day! We get to find out if we need to buy blue or pink and I am so excited that I probably will be unable to sleep tonight. Our sonogram is at 9:30, followed by the doctors appointment at 10:00. J and I both have lists of calls to make so you'll probably know before I can post something on Friday morning. I'll be shopping too much tomorrow to make it back to use a computer!

3 comments:

  1. First of all, the cabinets and the kitchen look beautiful, Lyndsay. Also, I can't wait to find out whether it's going to be a Maddie or Gus! Lord, I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lyndsay, I love your appliances! Especially the stove. How exciting that y'all got some power this week--now we can work later at night (: I can't wait to hear from y'all in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come on baby Gus...OK, we'll love a Maddie too...:)

    ReplyDelete