Monday, February 2, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Praise the Lord, we are finally in our new house! We are officially homeowners and spent the first night, thanks to much help from friends and family, on Friday night. I realized this weekend that we are so blessed to be from big southern families and a small community because without them we wouldn't be anywhere near to being moved in. We had plenty of volunteers with muscles and moved all of the big heavy stuff with the help of Dad's cow trailer (I know we are definitely from the country). Not only is there a lot to move but being pregnant puts limits on what I can and cannot do. I was constantly being watched to make sure I didn't pick up too much because honestly I am so used to just doing it that I forget! As of this morning I have only one bag that hasn't been put away and J's cedar chest needs to be cleaned out but other than that everything is in it's place! That is amazing to me. I never thought we would be this far along. Let me tell you Saturday night, (Mom took us out for steak!) and I looked like a pregnant women trying to walk across the restaurant parking lot. I could hardly move, my hips and lower back were screaming. Needless to say mom watched me like a hawk yesterday and made me take it easy.
This week we will receive phone service (hopefully), the alarm system will be hooked up and the Dish people should set up the satellite. Personally I plan to clean because there is nothing but dirt surrounding our entire house and it all ends up on our hardwood floors. Being a person who likes to walk around barefoot this will not work! J and I also want to work on the yard because the FFA plant sale will be this month and we can pick up some plants.
I know that things aren't going to slow down for a while yet but it is such a weird feeling to finally be in the house. J and I feel like we are just on vacation at some hotel and we'll have to leave eventually. Our favorite thing about our personal retreat is the shower. It is huge and has two shower heads!! Absolute heaven! Anyways, it is odd to think that we no longer have to spend all of our time working at the property only to go to a different house and fall into bed and do it all over again the next night. Tonight I will be able to cook a complete meal, something that I haven't done in a while, and just enjoy my new home. I will try to get some pictures posted for you guys but I'll have to find my camera first!!

4 comments:

  1. Lyns- Congratulations on the big move! I know yall are so happy it's over! We've moved twice since we've been married and both times have been in a cow trailer! :) I'll give ya a few weeks to get settled in and then I want to see the house! I cant wait to see it and I am wanting to see that "pregnant Gus-tummy" of yours, too! p.s. I loved the pics you posted of the kitchen-- I am LOVING your cabinets and appliances, WOAH.. they're awesome! I'm pretty jealous about that oven! Enjoy cooking your first dinner tonight! ~amw

    ReplyDelete
  2. You survived it, Lynsday! I know there were moments over the last few weeks (or months :) when you thought you would NEVER get in, but you made it! Your new home is beautiful!!! You and J should be so proud that you did it yourselves, I know we are very proud of y'all. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!! I know you are relieved and it's such a blessing that you guys are in before Gus gets here so you can be "settled" before your new houseguest moves in!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glory, Glory, Hallelujah ..There are only a few things as exciting as a new house. For instance the day "BABY GUS" comes home and the first Christmas with the baby.

    Ohhh the smell of a new home. Enjoy it and do lots of entertaining with friends and family...

    May your home be filled with love, laughter, good friends and lots of happy memories.
    I am happy for the Ayers family:~)

    ReplyDelete