Friday, January 16, 2009

It's A Boy!!!

Finally we are able to give a name to our little baby. I have called him Gus constantly. It is so nice to be able to say "he" instead of "it". I apologize that this post isn't going to be very detailed. Having taken off yesterday, I am way behind at work today and I have court all afternoon. I'll try to do better later. Ya'll should have seen J's face when he found out for sure it was a boy. He was so excited that he called people from the time we walked out of the sonogram room until we were finished with lunch, about 2 hours later. I think everyone is pretty excited. Finding out has also given me the push to start actually looking into baby stuff, like clothes and nursery decor. I can't wait! My only purchase yesterday, though, turned out to be rustic wooden blocks that spell "GUS". I have already put them in his room at the new house! I did discover that shopping for little boy clothes is way more difficult than little girls. They have like two racks for boys and twenty for girls! Not fair. The ladies that I work with had a big balloon waiting with a camo onsie and baby bag and another lady gave me a little outfit that says "I hold the keys to mommy's heart". I have to go now, but I'll try to get a sonogram picture up if I get out of court in time.

5 comments:

  1. Honey, I am SO excited for y’all. I’m already trying to get ideas for a scrapbook! Let me just say, that when Mr. Gus finally comes, he’s going to have to make frequent trips to the Journal so that I can get some sugar. I am going to be a self-proclaimed unofficial aunt. Haha. I can’t wait! I’m just so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunt Carrie is SO excited! I can hardly wait to meet Gus and spoil him. Allie said to tell you she can't wait to play so he needs to hurry up and get here (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. FINALLY!!!! It's about time that one of my friends has a boy. We Rodgers' were getting lonely...but lots of girlfried prospects....anyway, I'm super excited for you guys!! The shopping does stink (how many polos and button up collar shirts and pairs of cargo pants can you have?) but the little man sugar is SOOOO worth it. Nobody loves ya like that boy will love his momma!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woooo Hooo! I was starting to think that little girls were the only thing that came out of Gilchrist County. Now you and Amy will have to start coming over and joining me for scrapbooking. I am starting a little group one Saturday a month at my moms..... her house is like a scrapbook store:). I know you will enjoy him. Very excited for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited for you guys!! Now if the other two will just have boys too!

    ReplyDelete