Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Homebuilding 101!


While I still haven't graduated from the above course, I am definitely getting closer. For the last 9 months J and I have been working on our first home every extra minute we can find. I have definitely learned a few things about myself in this process and reaffirmed things that I already knew. For instance, I hate to make decisions, I am not cut out for long projects (give me the short weekend variety anytime), I am married to a very talented man, and that I will never take free time for granted again! I haven't been shopping or out to the movies, we haven't gone hunting or fishing the entire season, and sleeping in on Saturday has been out of the question! But don't get me wrong it hasn't been entirely bad either. J and I have been able to spend a lot of time together and we haven't had problems like so many people talk about when they are building a house! It is also amazing to stand back and look at what you have created from nothing! I am just praying that we are able to move in by the end of this month like we have been hoping. Keep your fingers crossed and hopefully ya'll can come visit soon!

3 comments:

  1. Carrie told me you were bloggin' now, so I had to check it out right away. Your house is beautiful! Congrats, honey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your house...what I can see of it anyway. It looks like it's going to be BEAUTIFUL!!! Congrats on the baby too...I vote for Gus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lyndsay! I am excited that you are "blogging" now, too! I am so excited too, about yall's house! I cant wait to see it when you're all finished and moved in! Carrie said yall find out what the baby is next week! Cant wait to hear...

    ReplyDelete