J has been out of town for basically the whole month of August. With the exception of the weekends he has been in two different states for the last three weeks. Gus and I have missed him terribly and were so glad to see him Saturday morning (he got home around 1:ooam)!! Needless to say we hijacked him for the day, hooked up the boat and headed for Suwannee. It was a great day to be out on the water, it was overcast and there was a slight breeze!

Gus wasn't crazy about the lifevest we made him wear.

It was the same lifevest that all of the Ayers' kids have worn including J. At one point we were riding around and Gus started licking and chewing on the vest and when I pointed it out to J he said he used to do the same thing when he wore it!! After our big ride we went inside for a cold drink and Gus had a blast exploring. He loves the big windows that face the water and playing behind the drapes. He also had fun going through the books that cousin Allie had left down there! He also wanted so badly to swim in the "pool", which is what he kept calling the river!! I don't think he meant head-first daddy!!

It was a great afternoon topped off with a yummy supper with J's parents. We are so glad to have daddy back home again!!

That last picture is TO DIE FOR! I hope you blew that up and framed it!! OH I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad you got your hubby all safe and sound back home!!!
ReplyDeleteI was gonna say the same thing about that last picture!! It's precious!
ReplyDeleteFirst I love the fall background, so cute.
ReplyDeleteI love the first photo and the head first photo is priceless. You can almost hear the laughter. I am glad you all got a weekend away.
Hope you are having a great day!
Awwww! I'm so glad that y'all got to have fun on the river this weekend. That must've been hard having J away for the past month. Gus looks like he really enjoyed himself! I love the picture of them walking down the dock. So sweet :)
ReplyDeleteLynds, I know you are thrilled to have J home! Praise the Lord, maybe all his work out of state will be over for a little while and y'all can hang out together more. (I know your pain on that one, sister) So glad y'all got a family day at Suwannee. I love the pictures of Gus in the life vest!! We ALL wore that old thing. Surely, it's about water-logged by now ;) Also, loving the last picture. Let's blow it up and hang it at Suwannee. This makes me soooo anxious for Gus and Allie days at Suwannee fishing off the dock!
ReplyDeleteAlso, loving the pumpkin background. Somebody is ready to pull out the fall decorations! I am right there with ya.