Gus has been in serious need of a haircut for several weeks now. I mean it was curling around his ears and in the back to the point that brushing it did no good whatsoever and it was driving me crazy. So now that my friend, Kalyn who cuts my hair and did Gus' first haircut, has started her new job at a local salon, Gus and I headed over on my day off yesterday. We decided to butter up Kalyn by taking her out for lunch before the big cut and we had a great time visiting with her. Then we headed back to the salon and plopped Gus in the chair and covered him with his very own camo cape!!
(look at that hair)
I think Kalyn was a little nervous since the last time she cut Gus' hair he was not happy with her and he squirmed and cried most of the time. This time, however, he was really good especially once he was given "the pink bottle".
Ya'll he sucked the yucky city-chlorenated water out of that bottle the whole time she was trimming his hair! That and he stared at the other customers in the building.
On a side note: Gus is probably going to grow up thinking that his favorite color is pink. All of the toys he loves at Ma'am's house are pink because they were first Allie Claire's. Don't get me wrong, he is ALL boy but it makes me wonder sometimes what all of this pink influence is doing to him:)
Well the finished product was a big WOW for me! My baby looks so grown up. I looked at him the whole way home thinking "Who is this kid in my backseat?". What do you think?

(Kalyn & Gus)
I think Kalyn did an excellent job. Gus looks so stinkin' cute! He was in the office yesterday and all I could think was "Lord, he's growing up so fast." That is too funny about the pink thing. Hey, he's all rough and tumble, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. He looks adorable, Lyndsay :)
ReplyDeleteaww! Such a big boy! And Kalyn is gonna be super busy now that she's in a shop!
ReplyDeleteI know how scary the first haircuts are. We took Trey to a Cookie Cutter salon, just for kids. He had a blast.
ReplyDeleteYour little guy looks so handsome now. Isn't it amazing how a haircut makes them look so big!
Have a great weekend!
So handsome!! We still haven not cut Ian's hair yet- it is too curly to cut!!!
ReplyDeleteI just tagged you in my last post- hope you will play!
~Becca