Monday, August 2, 2010

This weekend we had a great time on the Rainbow River. It was an incredibly hot day, perfect for floating down a really cold, crystal-clear river. We had around 26 people from our church that went, aging from 11 to 77. Gus had a great time. He rode with lots of different people like: his dad in the ganoe, his papa in a float, me on a fun noodle, and some church members on the big boat. We floated and talked and ate boiled peanuts. It doesn't get much better.




I think we could go every weekend. I was able to swim about half of the way down while Gus was hanging out with everybody else so I was as happy as I could be. I love to swim and dive down in the holes and look around! J was happy riding in the ganoe with the trolling motor most of the time but he did jump in a few times. Gus was out like a light as soon as we strapped him in the carseat! We are already planning next year and maybe going twice next summer!



For your comedy relief this morning I'll leave you with these pics of Gus eating a porkchop bone. He was having a great time if you can't tell!!! (This was all my mother's doing since I don't gnaw on bones, but Gus didn't seem to mind:)





4 comments:

  1. looks like yall put in at the Mikells. We always take the boat up that way to the head to swim...that big clear spot is my favorite part of the whole river... NO GRASS! :) I love Blue Run...I'd never been until Devin and I started dating, but it quickly became a favorite! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun trip, Lyndsay! Looks like y'all had a great time. I can't get over how huge that big tube is. Also loving the picture of Gus eating a pork chop. He is too much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like y'all had a great time. And I'm betting Gus loved every minute of it. That picture of him gnawing on the pork chop bone is hilarious. I hear that he's a big fan of food these days :) Too cute, Lyndsay. I love lil Gus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous trip. I am amazed at the tube in the second photo. I think you could fit an entire family in that thing.
    Hope you have another fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete