Monday, February 8, 2010

The River she's a rising!

Saturday Gus and I participated in the local walk a thon for scholarships to this year's senior class. We walked two miles with Aunt Carrie and Allie and Aunt Amy and Noah. It was a little breezy but we made it! After lunch with the whole family I took charge of Gus AND Allie! Aunt Carrie needed to get some work done so I took Allie for the afternoon. They started out in bad need of a nap so we strapped them in the car and went for a ride. I had heard earlier that day that the river was really rising so we went to see for ourselves. This is what we found:





And this is how interested the kids were:

They did, however, get excited during snack time once we returned home.


I couldn't get them to pay any attention to me, they were too busy chowing down! We had a good time. They play so well together. Hopefully Allie will come over again to play sometime!

3 comments:

  1. Lyndsay, you were such a sweet, sweet aunt to keep Allie for me on Saturday. I was laughing so hard over these pictures! Allie and Gus are a hoot!!! What in the world did we do before they rocked our WORLDS??--quite literally. Thanks again(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, now, who can resist a vanilla wafer?? They are getting so grown up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, honey...it wasn't that they weren't interested in the river. They were just tired from all their "exercising" earlier :) Looks like y'all had fun!

    ReplyDelete