Yesterday was J.'s birthday. Around our house, on your birthday, you get the meal of your choice for supper. When I asked J what he wanted without hesitation he said fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy and macaroni and cheese out of the box. Immediately I thought, "Oh no, not fried chicken"! I know you all probably think I'm crazy but I hate to fry chicken and therefore have only done it maybe twice since I've been married. I never feel like it's done inside so I blacken the outside! When J saw the panic on my face he said (God bless his soul) "You can get the chicken from Hitchcocks". See why I love him? He is so easy to please! So I picked up some hot-from-the-grease chicken at 5:00 from the deli. I did make homemade mashed potatoes (I actually always fix homemade mashed potatoes cause I'm not a fan of the instant stuff) and homemade gravy, and the macaroni was Kraft, just the way he likes it. J would rather have the powdered cheese than good homemade macaroni (it is one of the few things I just don't get about him!). I even made honey-buttered biscuits, because you just can't have fried chicken and not have biscuits, right? For dessert he requested No-Bake Cheesecake with Strawberry topping. This is another one of those things that make me scratch my head; J. would rather have the no-bake stuff than a real New York style cheesecake?! Here is a look at our plates (J didn't want his picture taken so no pics of the birthday boy!!):

Some of you are wondering where the vegetables are, aren't you? J said he really didn't "feel" like any vegetables on his birthday! We'll worry about proper nutrition tonight.

Happy Birthday J. I Love you to pieces!! XOXO
You are such a good wife, Lyndsay. I love that y'all celebrate with a birthday supper. And that cheesecake looks so yummy. Not to mention the fried chicken (:
ReplyDeleteLove it! We have the SAME tradition in our house! You get to pick your favorite supper!!!!!
ReplyDelete