Thursday, January 28, 2010

Nature

I often pitty the citydwellers in this world because of the beauty they never have the opportunity to see. This past weekend we went to the camp for the last time this season and I was amazed at God's awesome creation. The woods are perfect right now. There is water where there should be water, the trees are bare and brown and the palmettos are really green in contrast as are the cedar trees....it's just pretty! I LOVE this picture of J and Gus, it's quite possibly my new favorite (at least until the next one, HA).
It is hard to imagine but next hunting season he'll be running around in a little pair of rubber boots and his Dad and I won't be able to keep him out of the water puddles!! This year however, shoes were optional:

It was pretty warm and Gus was tired of sitting in the truck, so we plopped down on the ground to play in the dirt. Speaking of which, yesterday Gus and I took advantage of a warm afternoon and played in the sunshine. Gus was fascinated with the leaves and sticks.


I wish I had a dollar for everytime I said "Don't eat that" or "Don't put that in your mouth!". But it's worth it because Gus loves the outdoors.



I wanted to show you all a picture of my ongoing project of decorating my kitchen/dining/living room (it's all one big room). I was given these plates by my great Aunt. They are really pretty, I should have taken a close up for you to see the picture on them. But J hung them for me in the dining room to tie in blue to that side of the room. It is so hard to find navy/blue accessories right now since it's not "in". So let me know if you see any good deals!!





5 comments:

  1. such sweet pictures! Love your blue plates--I love the blue willow pattern. My MIL has a set of this china and I told her to write my name on the bottom of it! Ha... and Hanging plates on the wall can be addictive...there's a blog that I follow and the girl hangs them EVERYWHERE (bath room, included)...but they always look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the Blue Willow pattern too!! So pretty!!!!
    Where did you get the things to hang the plates with? I can't find them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ms. Cindy Jo found them in Jacksonville, Carrie probably could tell you where they found them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lyndsay, I love your hanging plates! I can't wait to hang some (or beg my sweet brother, or husband) to hang some for me at the B. House. It was so good to see y'all on Saturday night. Y'all saved our lives...or maybe you saved Allie's (hee hee) Hope Gus is feeling better today. He was asleep when I dropped Allie off. He looks like such a little man wearing a ball cap. It's the cutest thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My little guy LOVES being outdoors too- he gets so upset when we go inside!!

    ~Becca

    ReplyDelete