Last year at his 3rd birthday party Gus insisted that he was 4. He didn't want to be three because three was not a "cool" number. My boy relates all numbers to his favorite football players and well 2 was great because that was cousin Hunter's number and 4 was good because it belonged to Cedric but nobody was #3 and therefore he couldn't be 3! He's so bad about numbers that I have tried to tell him the he is Momma's #1 and he says he doesn't want to be #1 but he'll be my #2. Did I mention he's hard-headed? Thankfully he is ok with being 4 again this year! Gus picked out his birthday dessert for today of fudge brownie cupcakes and chocolate chip cookie dough icing! They were way too sweet for me but he loved them :)
This time 4 years ago we were about to meet this incredible little boy I get the priviledge of calling mine. He is a character! He loves music and dancing, all things sports, telling jokes and making "deals". He's contrary and likes to argue but he still loves my hugs and kisses and is the sweetest big brother and momma's helper.
This year we had a Pool Party without the pool! Gus came down with a cold the week of the party and was placed on antibiotics and the doctor said "no swimming". So we hauled in sand and called it a beach party instead. I don't think it really bothered him a whole bunch because he had a great time! I experimented with fondant and made life preserver cakes and cupcakes.
J and I gave him a new bike and he has had a blast riding it everyday!
I'm excited to see what this year brings for Gus. We have come a long way from his first birthday but one thing remains constant...his love of chocolate cupcakes!




No comments:
Post a Comment