Tuesday, June 4, 2013

He's Graduated!

~My first cousin Hunter graduated from high school this past weekend~
Hunter happens to be one of Gus' top 5 favorite people!  It could be because Hunter is a football and baseball superstar, or that he gets to drive tractors for Papa but I suspect it has to do with all of the attention he gets from him!  Hunter never fails to take time with Gus and I just love him all the more for it!  Over the past year our family has followed Hunter across the State of Florida watching him play football and baseball, both for the State Championship!  We have sported more Orange and Black attire than I think I did my entire senior year of high school.  But we have had a great time and hopefully Gus will remember this for years to come! 
It is hard to believe that I used to babysit Hunter and his brother during the summer when they were little.  Boy did it make me feel old to watch him walk across the graduation stage!  It wasn't that long ago they were both sitting in the bleachers watching my graduation.  Hunter is an outstanding young man.  One that is always polite and considerate and a wonderful Christian example.  The kind of young man I would be proud of Gus to be one day.  Hunter will head off in the fall to Maryville, Tennessee to play football for the Scots and we are going to miss him terribly.  We are, however, stocking up on maroon and orange and planning a trip to see him play.  Gus is already excited that we will be flying!  I'm pretty excited that it's not too far from the Great Smoky Mountains :) 
We love you Hunter and wish you the best of luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment