Yesterday and today are two special days for me: Mother's Day and my birthday. J. has been tormented with the phrase, "But it's mother's day" and "But it's my birthday" too much this weekend. I'm sure he will be glad when tomorrow gets here! On Saturday J took me out for supper to The Melting Pot. We had a nice time for a few hours while Gus played with my parents and his Aunt and Uncle. J. and I hadn't been to the Melting Pot since we were dating, so it was a fun trip down memory lane. Plus we got to laugh at the silly couple next to us that brought their 1 year old son with them to a restaurant that requires you sit there for two hours or more!
Mother's day was a special time for me this year because it was technically my first one (even though last year I tried to count it too!!). God has blessed me with a wonderful little boy that I love so very much. We had a good day hanging out together. Gus and his daddy bought me a pretty bracelet too!

This was a funny picture of Gus eating a dill pickle with my brother!

Today is my 27th birthday! My sweet mother-in-law baked cupcakes for my at lunch and boy were they good. Gus was able to use this as a practice run for his upcoming birthday!


I think he's going to do just fine don't you?
I can hardly wait to see Gus dig into his birthday cake! I am expecting BIG things out of that boy (and I don't just mean getting big enough to push his cousin around ;)
ReplyDeleteaww, these pics are so cute! he is going to be so fun digging into his bday cake!!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to you!!! Hope your day has been great!
Happy Birthday to you and Happy Mother's Day to you too!!!! Glad you had a great day!
ReplyDeleteLove the last picture!!!
ReplyDeleteWell, Happy belated birthday and Mother's Day. If I'd have known prior to going to the Courthouse on Monday, I'd have said so! :) I loved the pic of Gus at the end. So cute. And I'm glad that you and J had a good time at the Melting Pot on Saturday.
ReplyDeleteHappy {just a little late} birthday! Those cupcakes look yummy...and that last picture is just too adorable for words:)
ReplyDelete