Friday, January 22, 2010

Overview of the past week!

Gus is almost 8 months old now! I know, where has the time gone? He is going on 16 though, or at least thinks he is. He has really started "developing" and "exhibiting" his personality/strong will, if you know what I mean. We are trying to start teaching him the meaning of "no", you ask, "How is that going?", we say, "Oh boy do we have our work cut out for us!". I'm sure Gus is completely confused when Mommy says "no, no, don't spit your food everywhere" but yet she laughs like it's funny. But man is it hard not too! He has been doing this little face lately where he schrunches up his nose, it looks like this:


We LOVE the face. Everyone laughs when he does it which is why he loves it!

We had a big weekend, last weekend (I know I'm a little late but bare with me). Gus had fun sitting out by the fire with Mae Mae at the camp.
He also had a good time hanging out with Dad.



I'm not sure which one was more fascinated with the BIG equipment, J or Gus!
Gus also got up close and personal with his first buck. Congrats Dad!


On Monday, since we were luckily off of work, Gus and I took advantage of the wonderful Florida weather (finally) and soaked up some rays.





We have taken to calling Gus a monkey. We're even considering making that the theme of his first birthday party because it just suits him right down to a T. He is crawling, pulling up and climbing. Yes, you heard right, climbing. While I didn't make it to the camera in time to snap a pic, he climbed up in the dishwasher at our house and he has climbed onto the hearth at my parents house this week. I didn't think he could do that yet! Here comes some more bruises!


I'll leave you guys with a funny picture, courtesy of J. Gus is the best baby regarding hats. He doesn't mind what you put on his head, so Dad tends to take advantage of him:

Hope you all have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Cute pictures, Lyndsay! Gus is so stinkin sweet in his Gator cap, but I have to say my favorite pic may be the one of him with his toolbox on his head! I can't get over how big he is getting and all that personality! He is 100 percent boy (and sweetness). That wrinkled up nose is going to have all the little girls swooning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How freakin' cute, Lyndsay. I know what you mean, the babies are growing up so fast. Those were such cute pictures of "the monkey." I'm glad y'all have had fun this past week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could bite him... I could just bite that sweet boy!! Love all the pics.. especially the ones of Gus wearing a hat! Oh my... so cute! Love that wrinkley nose, too!

    ReplyDelete