Monday, December 7, 2009

Santa Claus has come to Town!

Despite the dreary, cold weather last Friday, Gus and I struck out in search of Santa. After picking up our friends Amy and Noah, we headed off to the annual kids Christmas party at our local bank. The boys are invited because they hold savings accounts there. We had to stand in line for an extremely long time, considering we were holding 17 pounds and a diaper bag, but it was worth it. Gus was worn out and was on the verge of drifting off to sleep by the time we reached the front of the line, but he didn't mind Santa at all. He just sat in his lap, blinking very slowly:) Noah on the other hand was somewhat interested in the strange man holding him and even threw out a few smiles for the camera. The boys were too cute in their matching santa "tiny elf" hats. Some of the goodies handed out were: red and green antlers, a book with an attached CD of Christmas songs, cookies and punch and a photo of you and Santa in a frame for the fridge.

It was fun to spend time with Amy and Noah AND Santa! I wonder how they'll be when they meet the Easter Bunny at the bank's annual Easter party?!! Something tells me their indifference to strangers won't last much longer.


On another note, Gus has really been enjoying the Christmas tree at his Mae Mae's house. This photo was taken during a diaper change and he just wouldn't sit still long enough for me to redress him because he needed to see about the tree! Fraiser's beware, Gus is on the loose!




1 comment:

  1. So glad the boys did well meeting Santa. I wish Allie would have done alright, but maybe next year. I love Gus and Noah's little elf hats. But I have to say that Santa is a bit scary.

    ReplyDelete