Monday, February 9, 2009
Best Friends
Amy and I have often referred to our relationship as an arranged friendship. Our parents practically set us up from birth to be friends and lucky for me it stuck. Through thick and thin, we have been together and I consider her the sister I never had. (And John always thought of her as his second sister too!) How she has put up with me through the years I'll never know but I am so thankful that she did. When Amy and I found out that we were both trying to get pregnant it really wasn't a surprise to us. We have been around each other so much we are practically twins. I am so happy that I have been able to experience this stage of my life with Amy right along beside me. Today, I found out the best news of all; Gus is going to be able to have a friend like me, Amy and Brent are having a boy! Noah Brent Owens, as I believe they are planning to call him, had his picture taken this morning and much to his Mom and Dad's joy he is a healthy baby. I know that Ms. Kathy and Mr. Bill are super excited, Amy and I have already said that Mr. Bill will probably buy him his first set of craftsman tools any day now! Like Annie and Carrie and Allie and Belle, I am excited about our two boys growing up together and having each other to pal around with. God has truly blessed us and I am so ready to meet both of them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yay! I had my fingers and toes crossed that it would be a best friend for Gus! I saw Amy on Friday night, and told her the same thing! :) I am so glad you & Amy have each other (you are both two of the best girls I know) and I am glad the boys will have each other, too!
ReplyDeleteIt's official--Allie will never get a date with all those "boy cousins" running around!! First Gus and now Noah! I am SO excited for you both! It's so much fun sharing the experience with your best friend. You can compare cravings, weight gain ): fashionable maternity clothes, and worries. That's the best part...having someone to call up and say have you felt like this? or, is he doing this yet?! I know God is going to bless those sweet boys and you girls with EASY pregnancies and deliveries. We can hardly wait to meet them!
ReplyDeleteSo excited that we're getting some more boys around here!!! I'm telling you, NOBODY loves you like your little man, I've already told you that I think, but it's SO true!! Very excited for Amy, tell her for me if you would since I never see anyone anymore!!
ReplyDeleteI just talked to Amy. I'm so happy that we're all having boys around here. I don't want to say this too much for fear that I will curse us, but boys are so much easier. I used to think that couldn't be true. Then I became a teacher. I know I need practice before I have a girl :)
ReplyDeleteI am very excited for both of you! You (and your little boys) are very lucky to have one another.
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh!!!! I am SO excited. I was hoping it would be that way.
ReplyDeleteWow! That post made me cry (could be I'm a little hormonal too), Lyndsay - you are not the only lucky one! I was glad we have two boys meant to be best friends and hopefully they will be blessed with as great of a friendship as we have.
ReplyDelete