Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Moultrie GA

I have been taking a much needed break from everything that I can possibly take a break from lately. It was just something that I needed for me.

I also need a day at the spa but I don't think that's in the budget right now....any sponsers???!! Just kidding.

Well because it has been so long I actually have several posts that have been sitting on the back burner. Way back in October J, Gus, myself, my dad and my brother loaded up and headed to Moultrie, Georgia for the annual Agriculture Expo. I have been going since I was in high school, back then it was an excuse to miss school for a day, but the tradition has stuck with me. I go almost every year, which a few exceptions like the year I had knee surgery or college class and the first year Gus was born. My dad likes to go on the last day of the expo, Thursday, so that if he purchases anything he can bring it home with him and as luck would have it Gus' MeMe was out of town on that Thursday so we were free to go with him. Surprisingly I was able to talk J into going with us at the last minute. I was glad that he would be with us for Gus' first trip to Moultrie. I have lots of pictures of the day's events. It's almost like "Where's Waldo" except it was "Where's Gus" throughout the entire day. If we let him out of the stroller he took off and we had to run behind him. I think Gus had a great time though and that is really all that matters!!

Gus enjoying the $5.00 lemonade and his Peter Pan balloon.
Is this not the biggest chair. I really wanted it but it wasn't for sale. Can't you just see me showing up to some baseball game and setting up this big thing?
This huge bull is there every year and the owner was letting kids sit on him for pictures. Gus didn't move the entire time but later in the day all he wanted to do was go back to this bull!!

I think these pigs reminded him of the pigs at MeMe and Pap's house!

These are some of those "Where's Gus" pictures.....

This thing was just too huge not to take a picture with it!!


Gus loved the old tractors,

And the new ones (so did his daddy and Papa)!!



Gus' first trip was a lot of fun and hopefully the first of many to come!!

3 comments:

  1. Aw, I love that you're starting a tradition with Gus!! Cecil wanted to hit the Expo so bad but didn't have time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun pictures, Lyndsay! And "Where's Gus?" is very, very appropriate, I think. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the "Where's Gus" pics! :) Hehehe...That little boy is into everything. You're gonna have a time on your hands with him, Lyndsay! I'm glad that his first trip was a lot of fun. I can't wait to see the pics next year!

    ReplyDelete