Thursday, October 1, 2009

A New Sister

With my brother's wedding fast approaching at the end of this month, things are pretty busy around our house. I am helping Mom and Dad with the rehearsal dinner and therefore spending my extra time (what little there is these days!) working on decorations and set-up plans. We have also been helping them start to move things into their home, having showers and luncheons, and finding the right outfits for each occasion! It is very easy to get caught up in the preparations and forget about what an awesome event is soon to take place: I am getting a new sister!! Our family will change and Lynsey will soon become not only my new sister but a new daughter for my parents and an aunt to my precious little boy! Wow, what a big deal! John and I have always had a love/hate relationship, Lord knows we have faught more than our fair share, but we are a close family and I am so glad/thankful/blessed that he chose a wife that will fit into our family so well and one that I like and enjoy being around. Lynsey is a sweet person and I think she will bring out the best in my brother! We are lucky to be getting such a great addition to our family. I want her to know that I love her and will always be here for her to ask questions or to vent when (and I say when not if!) John drives her insane! HA!


~These pictures were taken at her bridal luncheon, last weekend and they turned out so good. We had a great time with even better food. I'll share some more pictures soon!

3 comments:

  1. how much fun is that?!!! sisters...........
    p.s. i awarded you an Honest Scrap award......see my latest blog for details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post! What a blessing to be getting a sister in law that you love! :) It's so great when in-laws really "fit" with your family. I've had BOTH! Ha... :) Did I say/type that out loud?!?!? hee hee...
    She's a blessed girl, too, getting a good family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a sweet post. Yeah, I do believe that y'all got lucky. Lynsey is a very sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete