Monday, October 5, 2009

The Honest Scrap

Just like Surrounded-by-boys my blog has never been tagged til now!
I am excited to participate and a little unsure of how this works but I'll give it a shot. Thank you Charon for the challenge. I have tried to come up with 10 honest things about me but it's harder than I thought it would be so these might not be very interesting. Here we go:
1. I hate to be late. Whenever I know I have to be somewhere at a certain time I start planning what time I will have to leave by, what time I have to take a shower by, what time I have to get up by, etc. My husband, bless his heart, takes his sweet time going somewhere and would probably rather be late. I am therefore always pushing him along and this has become a lot harder now that we have a baby to tag along!
2. I love the water. I love to swim, ski, tube, or just ride on a boat. The Lord knew I needed to live in Florida!
3. I enjoy hunting and fishing. And not just because my husband does. I actually like to be down at the camp sitting around the fire at night and chasing deer with the dogs during the day. I have done it my whole life!
4. I am a Christian. Having been raised in the Church, I was saved at the age of 10 during a revival. I attend Church every Sunday and try to live my life daily as a witness to those around me.
5. I am big on traditions! The hardest part about getting married was having to change my holiday traditions, or at least to blend with J's family. From Thanksgiving to Christmas we tend to do the same thing every year and that suits me just fine! This year of course we will start some new traditions with Gus and I am super excited about that.
6. I'm a country girl. Subdivisions give me a twitch, especially the ones where you can spit on your neighbors house from inside of yours. I am thankful for our 10 acres.
7. I own cows! I started out with a heifer before I was married and now have had at least 8 born. It is hard to keep up with them now but I name them in alphabetic order to help remember how many I have. I've got Alpha (which has died), Butterbean, Coffee, Delight, Eclair, Fordhook, Godiva, Hominy, and I might have an "I" that hasn't been named yet. They all live at my parents house with my father's cows!
8. I like to bake. Which is why I will never be skinny! I am also an icing addict. I love it! The sweeter the better.
9. I can my own vegetables. My parents and I put up our own corn, peas, beans, and tomatoes. We also raise our own beef (#7 was a hint) so I never have to buy store-bought hamburger meat!
10. I hate to shop, usually. I have to be in the mood to shop for clothes. I don't mind to browse most days but it depends. I get this from my mother, she hates to shop too. I think a lot of it stems from my inability to make a decision! HA!
So there you go. Maybe you learned something about me, maybe not. I am not going to tag 9 other blogs because all of the ones I look at have already been tagged. Thanks again Charon, this was fun!

1 comment:

  1. thanks for posting the honest blog!! I never knew some of that about you--actually, I never knew most of that about you!!!

    ReplyDelete