The picture doesn't do the Tetons justice, but the sun was setting behind them and it was beautiful. We camped in the National Park, in a tent, in August. One would think that a sleeping bag would be warm enough, however J. and I froze every night!! We tried every sleeping arrangement we could think of, separate sleeping bags, share a sleeping bag, put the two bags together, nothing helped. I would get up early just to go take a hot shower and stand by the fire. J. would go to the campground store every morning and he would have a hot chocolate waiting on me when I got back from the showers! Then we would start breakfast over the campfire! We learned that people in Wyoming don't know what good sausage is, because we couldn't find it anywhere!! We had to settle in that department but he eggs and grits (Rusty brought the grits from Missouri) were delicious. We also cooked supper over the fire most nights and packed a picnic for lunch.

The park was magnificent and we only made it through the bottom loop. J and I can't wait to go back with Gus so he can see it too. If you haven't been and you get the opportunity, go! We saved a lot of money by camping and cooking most of our own meals and it was so much fun. I would do it again tomorrow if I could! Here are some more photos that I took:








amazing pictures. this is on our list of places we want to go very soon!
ReplyDelete