If fashion was my passion I would definitely make my fortune in maternity clothes. Those of you who have been pregnant before know that finding appropriate clothing is not only difficult it is almost impossible. I have had spring fever recently and long to wear colorful, cool clothes. Most of the hand-me-downs that I have been given were fall and winter fabrics and just make me feel blah. Therefore I set out Wednesday morning to find casual, work and church apparel, especially an Easter dress. Hah! I must be crazy. Motherhood, having the largest selection, had approximately three dresses that were not black! I guess we are supposed to be in mourning over the loss of our figure that we cannot wear anything but black. JCPenney's has three racks for maternity, none of which have any dresses.....three racks?! So today I plan to surf the web with the hope that I can find some thing. If you happen to see me and I look like I'm on my way to a funeral just know that I am trying!
On the upside, I was able to register this week! I couldn't believe how fast time is flying and I really needed to get it done because my church shower is coming up next month! Thankfully I was able to call on Carrie to be my expert shopper and she, Allie and I met at Target on Wednesday. Let me just start off by saying WOW! I can't believe how much stuff there is out there for babies. Without Carrie, and of course Allie, I would have been lost for sure. It was a lot of fun though and I am so excited! I can't wait to see what Gus' receives from our family and friends. Carrie and I decided that after all of our hard work we needed some reinforcement and MaCalister's was just down the street. On a side note we both learned that you cannont leave broccoli in your car over night and half of the next day!! I'm not sure how Carrie and Allie made it back home unless the windows were down the whole way. Anyways we split a delicious slice of cheesecake, right in front of Allie, bless her heart. I can't wait until she can nibble on goodies.
If any of you have suggestions for maternity clothing, by all means, please share! And if you have a favorite item you received as a gift that you think I should have I would love to here about it. Hope you all have a great weekend.
Oh, how I remember those days. I actually have several dresses stashed away in the attic as well as some capris and tops. Braley was born March so not a pile but you are welcome to what I have if you would like. I know I have a more "churchy" dress and at least 2 sun dresses.
ReplyDeleteWhen my cousin Marti was expecting, we were looking around Walmart and found the cutest colorful-est things.. However it was a bigger Super Walmart in Orlando. My clothes are floating around somewhere or I would loan them to you. I have tons of summer clothes. I'll see if I can track them down.
ReplyDeleteBoth the boys were summer babies, so I have a ton of spring/summer stuff if you're interested...just let me know...bought most stuff at Motherhood and Wal-Mart.
ReplyDeleteThe only advice I have is to keep checking the Target regularly...that's what I did. I think I beat the truck to the store half the time! By the way, the clothes you are finding online look really cute on you!!
ReplyDeleteMy suggestions may be too late, but here they are:
ReplyDeleteRegister for a booster instead of a high chair
Don't register for any bibs other than the plastic ones with a pocket in the front. You'll get tons of regular ones.
Don't register for any newborn cutie pie outfits. Skip right to 6 months and up. Target's return policy is HORRIBLE. Keep all receipts and be ready to argue. WalMart's return policy is awesome. They will take back a bib with crusty apples and bananas on it.