My parents have owned an airboat for as long as I can remember. I used to be so scared of it when I was little and would beg for them to let me stay with someone while they went out fishing but Dad didn't go for it. It wasn't until we blew the prop up and were stranded on a island that I go over my fear (yeah I tend to be weird like that)! After that I loved it. Most of the time I would drive the boat while my dad and brother fished off of the front. To me it is so relaxing because the loudness of the motor drowns out everything but the moment, the wind, the sun, the clouds, and the water. The last time I was on the airboat was during my pregnancy with Gus. Gus has been too small to go out. Until now.


I love this picture of all the guys. Yes, J. is standing in the water, we hit a shallow spot and he had to push the boat off!!
This was our smallest catch of the day. Gus got to check it out before we threw it back!

I convinced Dad to let us go Saturday afternoon for Gus' first airboat ride/fishing trip. While I packed the necessary snacks and clothing and picked J up, mom and dad went and bought Gus a new pair of ear muffs and we headed for the coast. Gus is such a great kid! He takes everything in stride. We smeared on the sun block, snapped him in his life vest, put on his hat and ear muffs and loaded the boat. The sun must have been blinding Gus at one point because he stole my sunglassess.

I don't think he liked not being able to hear very much but he adjusted really quick. Once we started cathing fish he was excited! The fish were going everywhere, jumping out of the water and making lots of splashes, and Gus was pointing and saying "Pish, Pish". He rode on the top seat with me most of the time but he did take a turn in the drivers seat with my dad (it was closer to the fish cooler!).

This was our smallest catch of the day. Gus got to check it out before we threw it back!
Eventually those good vibrations put my little man right to sleep and we headed back to the boat ramp, but I think Gus had a great time. I know that as he gets bigger this is going to be a lot of fun for him like it was for me (only Gus will have twice the fun since both of his grandparents have an airboat!).
That sounds like tons of fun and Gus is too adorable in those ear muffs!! Love it!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun adventure, Lyndsay! I have no doubt that Gus will LOVE riding on the airboat when he gets big enough to fish, throw a net and play in the water.He is so cute in his ear muffs and life jacket!!!
ReplyDeleteNow that sounds like a blast. I would love to take a ride on that boat, but I doubt Trey would go for it. He will scream and cry if we get the jet boat going to fast.
ReplyDeleteI love the photo of Gus with the sunglasses on.
Hope you are having a great day!